Are you willing to be a part in revolutionizing the way the companies transform their workplaces? If so, then here’s an opportunity to create a global brand. Join the team which is riding the growth wave with its recent Series A funding to revolutionize the way we experience our spaces. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who is ready to take up this exciting and challenging opportunity.
Who Are We?
Smarten Spaces is the world’s first true space transformation company that is using state-of-the-art AI and IoT platform to help companies in optimizing real estate costs, increase employee productivity, and creating an unparalleled employee experience.
Our vision is to transform places of work and leisure into state-of-the-art sustainable architecture. We are currently smartening 60 million square feet globally and have deployed our platform in over 100+ locations including several Fortune100 companies.
What Are We Looking For?
As a Systems Engineer, you will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
What Will You Be Doing Here?
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solution, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Whom Do We Prefer?
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)